Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: "The Adventure of the Yellow Face"

What struck me most about the story was that it was published nearly 120 years ago. Even today, in some quarters, the ending would have been considered scandalous.

I imagine that there were periodicals in this country which refused to publish the story when it was offered to them.

1 comment:

Oldfool said...

That was the only ending that would make it a love story. Anything else and it would have been a horror story. I am a Sherlock Holmes fan and therefore a Sir Conan Doyle fan as I believe the writer puts himself or herself into the story. This story made me feel good and no other ending could have done that.
I need that as the daily representation of man by the media and by my own observations leads me to think that man has a terrible cancer.