Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reason #1,847,953 Why Not to Listen to Pundits: Obamacare

For they were all wrong:
The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday upheld the controversial health care law championed by President Barack Obama in a landmark decision that will impact the November election and the lives of every American.
Every pundit and prognosticator that I heard was talking about whether the Supremes would throw out the individual mandate or toss the entire bill. John Boehner was telling his minions not to dance too much when (not "if", "when") the decision came down. Oxy Boy was telling people to get ready to celebrate. The New York Times was blathering on how badly the Administration had misjudged things.

Who's dancing now?

Update:  Certainly not this idiot.

4 comments:

Nangleator said...

My pleasure far from being in balance with the depression I would've been in, had the results been reversed.

I think I need some Schadenfreude to make up the deficit.

Nangleator said...

Yeah. It's just like 9/11 in that instead of killing three thousand people once, it will save thousands of people every year, forever. But they're people I actually want dead! What a tragedy!

Cujo359 said...

I pay less attention to conservative pundits than other folks do, I suppose. To me, the opinions seemed to be all over the map. Given the way this SCOTUS has been going lately, that's probably not unreasonable.

w3ski said...

Now time to sit back and watch the wing-nut explosion.
They hate anything Obama does, and he did something, again. The reaction is going to be Crazy Time.
It would be an interesting thing to have a functional government. Sigh. You know, good faith deliberations from both sides? Compromise not just talking points.
It's almost(IS) just a game now, we are just cheering fans left in the bleachers, cheering for a once great team we called "US", who are losing another game in the rain at night again.
It wold be Great if ACA helps me, I am currently on unemployment and make too much for County Care (cmsp)
and have no other options except to drink myself dead before something worse happens.
I've been exposed to all kind of crap when i worked in the woods. The Arthritis is currently the worst.
Talk about "pre-existing conditions".
Got to be a million or so others just like me, too hurting to work at whatever hard job we had and not old enough for Medicare and SSI.
I tried to make it at a hard job for 26 years but I am just too broken now to keep up.
Wish to heck that the country I grew up in was the country they told me it was. Ya Know?
w3ski