Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

These People Need to be Stopped Right Now

Direct marketers want to be able to send ads to your cell phone, based on where you are.

They need to be stopped from doing this. If it wasn't so immoral a thing to do, I'd advocate killing all of them, but That Would Be Wrong.

I got two junk text messages on my cellphone last month, both within the space of an hour. when I saw them, I called up my cellular service provider and asked them to shut off text messaging to my line. I don't have a txt-plan, each message in or out costs me.

I'll be damned if I am going to carry a phone so some fucking scum-sucking lowlife direct marketer can send me a text message. And if I need to go to the point where the goddamn gizmo is shut off unless I want to make a call, then I can do that. Or I can go the pre-paid cell phone route and just toss the thing every six months or so.

I have a cell phone for my convenience, not so I can receive junk mail and shit like that from some douchebag advertiser.

And here is a tip to those clowns: If you want to make sure that I never ever set foot in your shitty-ass store, go ahead. Send some junk mail to my cell phone.

You asswipes. May you burn in the deepest circle of Hell forever for even thinking of doing this.

2 comments:

BobG said...

100% agreement there. I've only had a cell phone for about 3 years, and most of the time I keep it turned off. It is for me to use, at my convenience.

Comrade Misfit said...

Happy New Year, Bob.