Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What, Me Cook?

101 meals in ten minutes or less.

I'll go for #101 (hot dogs and beans), but cooking is not my thing. I get home around 1830 and, if the weather is good and I feel fine, I throw a backpack with some books inside and go for a walk. My doc thinks it's a good idea if I walk with additional weight for bone health, so with three books left over from law school, that give me a 15lb backpack.

Anyway, I get back home between 1900 and 1030 and then I need to cool down and by the time I'm ready to think about supper, it's getting late. And cooking for one is almost about as much fun as sex for one or drinking alone. So I've become very used to cereal or a salad or a couple of eggs; whatever is quick. At one time in my life, I used to make bread from scratch and by hand (and well before the days of automatic bread makers). The smell and taste of freshly baked bread are wonderful sensations, but the convenience of buying a loaf from the store won out for me, as it has for almost everyone else.

I don't like to cook. So sue me.

2 comments:

LBJ said...

this is my only I don't cook recipe.

put some thawed frozen veggies in a casserole dish or 8 x 8 pan. . . put some chicken breasts on top. In a bowl mix one can of cream of chicken soup . 1 tsp of Cumin (trust me), and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. pour over. Sprinkle with handful of cheddar or other cheese mixture bake at 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour. . can cover with foil for more liquid to pour over rice or something.

Trust me. . there's a reason I have a boyfriend that's 12 years younger than me.

Comrade Misfit said...

You know, Scully, I haven't turned my oven on in so long, I don't know if it works. :)

Eggs and salsa were it for tonight. Probably too much, too, I feel like a blimpazoid.

When I was in my 30s, I dated someone who was 10 years younger. I just didn't have a sense of shared history. Now that I'm older, ten years probably wouldn't matter as much.