Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Garbage Trucks and Firefox

You know those side-loading garbage trucks that pick up and empty the bins in residential areas?


Nobody ever sees what's in those bins. So what's to stop somebody from using them for disposing of inconvenient bodies?
--------------------------

Any reason to update to FF30? I hate the look of it (if I wanted to use Google's Chrome, I would).

9 comments:

D. said...

Large-scale disposal, you mean? Because I believe there have been one-off attempts, and the sanitation crew have usually discovered the body.

I only use Firefox for one website that won't accept Safari, and I haven't upgraded it in years because I already find it cumbersome and slow. (And I think last time I tried that website, it did accept Safari.)

Nangleator said...

We've all seen what those crafty CSI people can do with their "enhance" computer thingies.

Deadstick said...

What's the difference between a side-load bin and a Dempster Dumpster?

Comrade Misfit said...

Dumpsters are a lot bigger. And if a number of residential bins are on the street, it's a good bet that the garbage truck is coming by in the morning.

Deadstick said...

OK, so the side-load bin maybe gives you a quicker pickup, but in either case the contents of the truck get dumped into the landfill with people around. If somebody sees a body-shaped bag hit the pile, there's a chance of it being tied to a pickup route.

Joe said...

I use FF30, and am perfectly happy with the look. Caveat: I never switched to the new look of Vista. My desktop still looks like XP, which goes well with Firefox.

Never had to dispose of a body before.

Comrade Misfit said...

Joe, I write mysteries as a hobby.

Will said...

In San Jose, CA, I have seen that some trucks have a monitor that the driver is looking at when the arm is in the process of dumping the bin into the truck. I expect that at some point they will change it to also look into the bin before it dumps. I suspect they are going to try to emulate England, eventually.

Anonymous said...

As a driver of a side loader, the hopper has a camera with a cab monitor, as we tip we can see what comes out of the can. It also lets us see that the packer is pushing the trash in to the back. If a body or any illegal item is tipped in to the hopper I can hit the big red button on the dash and stop it.