Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is Behind the Teabaggers' Hostility Towards Government Spending?

According to BadTux, a son of the South, it is racism. His point is that the Southerners didn't mind government spending on infrastructure (schools, parks, roads) and schools until Black folks began to benefit from it.

Here is just one paragraph.
As a youngster growing up in the South, I saw this first-hand in the gritty industrial city where I was born. Municipal swimming pools that I had swam in during my childhood were closed because "if we gotta share swimming pools with niggers, we just ain't gonna have no swimming pools at all." The school district's budget was gutted and what had been ultra-modern schools with the best facilities in 1960 became, by 1975, run-down hellholes where the science labs were filled with obsolete equipment, the swimming pool was filled in, the track was overgrown with grass and barely visible, and the tennis courts had no nets, not to mention the holes in the walls, the dirty and disintegrating asbestos tile floors, the leaky roofs... you get the point. When the desegregation orders came down and they were forced to share the schools with blacks, the white majority suddenly became anti-public-education regressives where previously they had been rabidly pro-public-education progressives.
Click on the link and read the whole thing.

3 comments:

merlallen said...

When I was growing up my dad was in the Army thank god. He and my mom were from Louisiana. we were there on vacation one time and when I said I wanted to swim at the pool, my grandparents about shit. They told me no, black people swam there and told my cousin to take me to the river to swim. I guess black people didn't swim in rivers or something.

Fixer said...

"Hey, I don't want my tax money going to those who are supposed to be less than I," is how it boils down.

jeff said...

I didn't mind big spending government until I was the one footing "my share" of the spending. The fact that my share (and millions of others) wasn't enough just makes it worse. It doesn't matter if it's R's or D's doing the spending.