Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's Better to Be On the Ground, Wishing You Were Flying, Than to Be Flying, Wishing You Were On the Ground

Strong winds and flying over the hills of western MA and southern VT & NH to KLEB. When I tuned into the various Unicoms, hardly a peep. No surprise there, it was like riding inside of a dryer at times.

My stomach will eventually catch up to me.

5 comments:

Vannevar said...

Corollary:
Cars that won't start
are better than
cars that won't stop

jeff said...

T/J Please pass the word on.... I miss the cranky lit prof. Hope she's not having any trouble.

Comrade Misfit said...

Jeff, the Cranky Prof is OK. She just found it necessary to take down her blog.

Nangleator said...

Don't miss flying on days like that.

Trying to reach the panel and I can't get my hand on the right knob without jamming my hand against it and spider-walking my hand to the right knob...

One of my student cross countries I had a 22° crab angle. Fortunately, it wasn't too bumpy.

Comrade Misfit said...

I had a pretty hefty crab angle, but with the amount of bouncing around I was doing at times, it was hard to tell. It was probably close to 25deg.