Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Opiods

A long piece about Martinsburg, WV.

4 comments:

Iron City said...

Thanks for this post. most of the time a degree of levity can help, like whistling past the cemetery. Can't find that here.

CenterPuke88 said...

An insightfully depressing look...can"t help but wondering how a similar loook at the inner city during the crack era would have compared. Much less concern from the authorities, for sure, however Jeff may have that covered for us.

dinthebeast said...

OK, three things:
First, I'm so goddamn glad that I never had any pain when I had my stroke. At the rehab facility they handed out opiates like candy. First thing in the morning and last thing before bed "Describe your pain as a number between 1 and 10" and then the appropriate pills were dispensed.
That Vicodin not doing it for you? Here, try some of this morphine sulfate instead. I had quite enough challenges returning to life outside the hospital without an addiction to manage, thank you very much.

Second, I do know people who had legit prescriptions for painkillers, used them more or less as directed, and became addicted enough to seek out black market pills when their prescription ended, and eventually used heroin because it was cheaper and more readily available. They aren't the brightest folks I know, admittedly. I used a pile of drugs in my time, but I never wanted any opiates, because it was obvious what happened to those who took them.

Third, I have close friends who have done prison time for drugs, and when I think of those marketing guys at Purdue Pharma, I want to yell and throw things.

-Doug in Oakland

w3ski said...

I am 63 and now retired. I suffer from extreme Arthritis. Even on an easy day, when I don't lift, work on the garden or even vacuum the house, about 4 pm, I am in agony. If I do any house or yard work the pain can come earlier.
Yes I use codeine, and if my doctor was agreeable I would also have stronger meds for my real hurt times.
It bugs the hell out of me that even though I am a proscribed user, every time someone Od's, they want to put more restrictions on my medication.
I so understand the desire for 'street' opiates. If my doctor wasn't agreeable to my current meds, I would be in the market myself.
I can no longer accept opiates as a high, as perhaps once when I was just a teenager, but Damn, (no offence to you ms fit) Stay the hell away from my proscriptions. It is between me and my doctor.
w3ski