Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, May 4, 2017

How Soon Conservatives Forget

They've must have had their brains wiped with some really strong street meds, for they have completely forgotten their treatment of President Obama.

Which is why it's kind of amusing to read their umbrage over this:


Now that their guy is in the job, the Right demands that we respect the president and be loyal to him. But none of those itemst were not in stock on the Right when President Obama was in office. And you can bet your next paycheck that they would have been in extremely short supply in conservatives circles if Hillary had won. You'd not see a shred of what the conservatives are now demanding.

But hey, none of this is new stuff. Conservatives hated JFK to the point that their kids cheered when he was killed.

7 comments:

Tod Germanica said...

I heard about Kennedy's murder on the yellow school bus in south Alabama. The mood of most kids and parents ranged from indifference to "good, he had it coming". Reaction was different in the parochial schools of course.

gray fox said...

" Conservatives hated JFK to the point that their kids cheered when he was killed." I was in college then. The first I heard of it was when a guy in our dorm burst into the room, beside himself with excitement: "There still are saints in this world!!" That would be Saint Oswald. I still cannot believe it to this day.

DTWND said...

Radical conservatism is ruining/has ruined this country just as much as radical liberalism. For every Ralph Nader type one could name a Martin Skereli (sp) type. For every Diane Feinstein there's a Mo Brooks. I tell people its like riding in a canoe. You have to stay in the middle. Too many on the right or left side and bad things will happen.

Dale

dinthebeast said...

I think Colbert may have been somewhat inaccurate: Trump's mouth isn't so much a "cock holster" as a "testicle cozy" (h/t:Driftglass), and it wouldn't matter his gender, so I don't buy the charge of homophobia.
I thought he explained himself adequately: "I have jokes, he has the nuclear codes."
I wasn't quite three yet when JFK was assassinated, so I don't remember it that well, but I do have a clear memory of watching the funeral on TV.

-Doug in Oakland

Ten Bears said...

It was a ... cusp. Just becoming aware of the larger world, I shook his hand just a year or so early in France, my little brother and I all dressed up in our little Class A's. With our parents embarking on the inevitable mid sixties serial southern California divorce of my mid fifties promiscuous pregrancy and I just steps away from the Summer of Love, it could be said his death was the defining moment of my life.

Comrade Misfit said...

Thomas, Ayup.

pigpen51 said...

I am a conservative. I gagged and voted for Trump, although I had to take a long hot shower afterwords. But when Obama was in office, in a discussion with my wife about secret service and how she could not understand how they could take a bullet for him, I told her that I would step up and take a bullet for him in a heartbeat. Some things are more important than just one person, and the president of the united states is more important than a person like me in the grand scheme of things. His life affects my family more than my life does, as sad as the loss of my life might be to them. And so some people on the right are not complete ideologues who have their noses up the ass of a president who is an idiot. But he is the president. We can still respect the office, even if the man holding the office is an obvious buffoon.