Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oh, the Cat-ity

I trimmed Jake's and Gracie's claws this morning before I went off to work. Neither one are fond of the process, but other than a few growls and moans, it was no big deal. Jake did gum me to show he wasn't happy.

I saved George for tonight. In over a dozen years, I have never cut his claws too closely. I've never cut them to the quick. But from the drama, you'd think that I was attempting to do surgery on him with the top from a can of cat food.

Because he is such a pain in the ass, I wound up having to cut 14 of the 18 claws. I do his back claws first, he hates having them done more than the front ones and if I do the back ones after the front ones, he struggles too much.

When I finished, he made a beeline for the scratching pad and got to work on sharpening them back up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even bother. If I tried to trim Bitey's claws, I'd end up with a slashed jugular.

You are brave.

Comrade Misfit said...

I have to do it. My apartment is carpeted and they are all indoor cats. If I didn't clip them, they;d get their claws snagged in the carpet.

I cat-sat for a friend once and her cats' claws were long enough that they were getting caught. I brought over my clippers and cut them. when I put one cat down and she realized that she didn't have to walk really carefully, she started running around the place at full tilt.

My cats don't like having their claws clipped, but they also know that I won't let them get away with any bullshit on this front.

Phil said...

My hat is off to you, I wouldn't even try to clip my cats claws and I can be pretty gutsy.
That would be a bandage fest.
Then again, I seem to remember some welding gloves laying around here somewhere.......

pwlsax said...

Funny - my kitty just runs from me. But my cousin can pick her up and kitty will let her trim aaaall the claws. Most I've ever gotten is, like, two.