Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

3....2...1...

The launch of a 1/10th scale model of a Saturn V:



That model stands over 30' high.

The real thing:



It has been 36 years since the last flight of a Saturn V (launch of the Skylab).

3 comments:

Frank Van Haste said...

Dear Miss Fit:

Thanks for including the clip of the Apollo XI launch. Got my heart rate up. Now, that was grandeur in engineering. Of late, we seem to have climbed down from the shoulders of giants.

Sarah said...

The Saturn V was an awesome rocket. I wish I'd seen it in person. In fact, I'd better make plans soon or I'll miss the last shuttle launch - which I've never seen either.

The model was a great thing, and I'm sure a very satisfying challenge for an individual or small group. But it does make me a little sad too, because we're not doing the big launches anymore.

O tempora.. o mores.

BadTux said...

It makes me sad because it shows just how far America has come from being can-do America to being cant-do America. Once upon a time, America could send a man to the moon...

- Badtux the Sad Penguin