Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bangity- Snap Caps

I need to order some snap caps for revolver dry-firing and reloading drills.*

The choices seem to be A-zoom or Pachmayr.

I'm not too crazy about the Pachmayr ones. They have brass bases, which means that there is a non-zero chance that an episode of "damn, I thought that was a snap cap" could happen.

Yeah, I know. I'd have to be brain-dead to do something like that. But why add a window for sheer stupidity to rear its ugly head?

Thoughts?
____________________________
* I did first check with the local gun shops.

3 comments:

Eck! said...

I'm with you, I do a check and see brass the hair will stand up and go to attention. Its not something I want to be comfortable seeing when I expect something else.

Then again all guns are loaded till proven otherwise. With that in mind it's sorta like there is no safe until proven so and a good habit to maintain. The real risk is, ok, there is brass
there I'm armed.. Not!

Ouch, being of two minds on something hurts.
But taking care every time the gun is picked up is a good thing.

Eck!

w3ski said...

Yea, nothing wrong with Brass if You Verify it every time. Like wiping your ammo clean, sure can't hurt.
w3ski

bill7tx said...

I use these: http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/cartridge-dummies/deluxe-snap-cap-prod247.aspx

Clear plastic shells with bright red bases. They might not last forever, but what does? Buy more than you need and you will have spares.

I understand you were a snipe. So was I, but I think some years before your time -- my last engineering officer tour ended in 1977 (DD873, now a museum in Taiwan).

Ernest Adams referred me here.