Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bangity- PPC Match Edition

I shot a PPC match today. Each run through the match is 48 shots, with a maximum score of 480. The procedure is that you shoot and then you decide whether to declare the round you just shot as the one you choose for score. You can shoot more, if you want, for fun, but the round you declared as your scoring run is the only one that counts.

This is a round:

At five yards, three shots, strong hand, from a draw in five seconds. Then three rounds from low ready with the weak hand, in five seconds.

At seven yards, six rounds, strong hand, from a draw in ten seconds. Then there is a reload and you shoot another six rounds from a draw in ten seconds.

At fifteen yards, from a draw, two hand hold, six shots, reload and another six, all in 20 seconds.

At twenty-five yards, from a draw, two hand hold, six shots, reload, six more shots, drop to a barricade, reload, six more shots, in 90 seconds.

My first round was 443 with 11-X. On the third stage for the first six shots, I short-stroked one round, so the cylinder rotated but the hammer didn't move.* After I got a "click" to indicate that I had reached the first round's position, I quickly cycled through the chambers until one went "bang". Then I reloaded and very rapidly got off the next six shots. I barely got the 12th shot off in time.

My second round was 452 with 13-X. I declared that one. According to the scoring card they handed out, that's high expert (3 points under master). And that is with a police-stock S&W Model 10 .38 revolver.

I was pretty happy with that score. I guess I shoot pretty well for a girl. {heh}
_______________________________________________
* If I very slowly let the trigger out after dry-firing, I can hear three distinct clicks at the end of the trigger's travel. Those clicks are the mechanism resetting. If I pull the trigger back after the second click, the cylinder rotates but the hammer does not move. I've never had this happen before, but I'm new to fast shooting.

2 comments:

Eck! said...

That is seriously good. Second time out as doing that too. Did anyone comment?

Eck!

w3ski said...

I sure wouldn't want to shoot 'against' a "girl" like you.
Besides you just got all this practice in.
"When you're Hot, you're Hot" lady.
I always thought a full double action shot included full trigger travel back and forwards again, but you just might want to have it 'looked' at. Especially if you are going to put that much use on it. Better safe than sorry.
I still have a dent in my cheek 30 years later from an Old S&W Russian that was badly out of time. I have a thing about guns coming apart since then. Be Safe.
w3ski