Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, January 20, 2011

But Can You Buy a Trenta in Trenton?

Starbucks introduced a 31oz iced coffee named the "Trenta".

I don't like Starbucks. I don't care for their fancy-ass pseudo-Italian names and the obvious fact that they amp up the prices of coffee because of that. In my unhumble opinion, their swill is no better than that from a doughnut shop. Starbucks makes coffee for people who, at least some of them, wouldn't be caught dead walking into a doughnut shop.

2 comments:

BadTux said...

I've drank coffee from Starbucks twice. The coffee was bitter and nasty. Truck stop coffee is better. (Actually, modern-day truck stops have darn good coffee, the days of the giant vats of stale coffee are long gone). I thought the first time was maybe just an anomoly, that particular store. The second store was hundreds of miles away from the first store. Nope, still undrinkable swill.

I might be a bit of a coffee snob, I grind my own whole-bean coffee, but Starbucks coffee to me tastes no different from the stale Folgers you buy in a can. I might drink it again if you paid me $100 to do so. But I certainly won't pay for the privilige, that much is certain.

- Badtux the Coffee-lovin' Penguin

suz said...

I don't like their plain coffee, but it's pretty good all fluffed up with chocolate and whipped cream. Definitely not worth the price or the hype.