Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Caturday

I am featuring Jake today, since he is lying on a comfy chair in my bedroom while he recovers from having his remaining teeth pulled.  He is eating, drinking and using the litter box.

This morning, after the cats had breakfast (and I had gone back to bed), he jumped on my bed, crawled under the covers and began kneading my stomach.  I petted him and he was purring away, the first time he has purred since I brought him back from the vet's.  So it would appear that he is getting better.


He's very good at taking pills; I just shoot them into the back of his mouth with a pill-popper and he gulps them down.  He is on antibiotics for a week and he gets liquid pain meds.  I remember the days when they didn't  give pain meds to animals (hell, they didn't give them to preemies).

I took the next two photos the morning that I took him in for his dental work.  I just had a very bad feeling about it that fortunately, turned out to be unfounded.






Here is one for the foamers. It is probably an example of one of the ugliest locomotives in use these days. There is no style to it, it looks like a wedge.

As I said back when I started this blog, diesels are boring.

6 comments:

willis said...

He's a pretty boy. Bet he's not at all shy about it either!

Life As I Know It Now said...

That is one beautiful cat you have there.

As for the diesel engine, my hubby would agree and he drives them damn it.

deadstick said...

Best to Jake. Hope he's eating OK, with no teeth...give him a cuddle for me.

Phil said...

Poor little dude.
No steak for you little man.
Tuna, lot's of tuna.

Comrade Misfit said...

Oh, he's eating. The evening I brought him home from the vet's, he polished off his food and the food for the other cats.

PhysioProf said...

What a cute little fucker!

Do you like the Acela locomotives? I sure like riding them!!