Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moderate Gun Lust

Along with the Python, I have always wanted a Colt Peacemaker. Now I know that the Uberti revolvers are lots cheaper, the Ruger Vaqueros are stronger and the USFA revolvers are pretty damn close to the Colts (and made in the old Colt plant), but that makes no nevermind.

A Colt Peacemaker is made by Colt and everything else is a knock-off. So I'm brainwashed...

9 comments:

LRod said...

I used to own a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 cal with two cylinders—one for .45 Long Colt, and one for .45 ACP. I didn't shoot it as much as I should have, and I never should have sold it.

Call it a knock off if you want, but that was one fine single action.

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired

Phil said...

LMAO

And they say advertising doesn't work.

Word of mouth has always been my preferred method.

Don Brown said...

You're a girl after my own heart. But I've never allowed myself to buy an airplane, a horse or a bunch of guns.

Don Brown

Comrade Misfit said...

LRod, I had one of them. I now have one of the old model Vaqueros that is as strong as a tank and nearly as heavy. It's fun to shoot and it can handle +P loads.

Still, I want a Peacemaker. What can I say, BN?

Don, I draw the line at horses. Costs enough to have an airplane. Those oat-burning shit producers are expensive. And then there is the point that you're trusting your live to half-ton of future dog food that is powered by a brain the size of a walnut and that will throw you head-first into a tree if it sees a stick that looks funny.

w3ski said...

Got that right about horses, never again.
I have a really sweet S&W M 66 now, had a few Model 19's also. One early revolver even had a action job done at a locel smith with a good rep.
Nothin beats that warm butter feeling of a Python action.
Nothing.
w3ski

Anonymous said...

Do you know the difference between Russian Roulette and Tea Party Roulette?

Russian Roulette : chamber one round in a revolver, spin the drum, point the gun at your own head and pull the trigger.

Tea Party Roulette : TP members use a Glock ;-)

Matthew said...

buy-the-Colt. Frankly it's worth the "realllly" comment you get these modern days.

I was instructing at a corp. security firm and we were on the range at one point. Lots and Lots of Glocks and XDs and finally a couple of the guys ask if they could see my (cough) "Kimber".

I said no, but you can see my Colt. The one response was "how OLD is it?" the other was "I'll be damn...a Colt."

The modern world.

BobG said...

I actually own a Peacemaker, and it shoots great.
Mine is a 38-40 Bisley model, manufactured in 1894.
It was left to me by my dad, along with his other firearms.

Comrade Misfit said...

Matthew, I own three Colts; two .45s autos and a HBar .223. I can't justify the $1,300 for a new Peacemaker, not now, at any rate.