Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, November 19, 2010

OK, So I Am Not the Sharpest Knife in the Drawer.

All of a sudden, I've been getting emails that ask for reciprocal blog links. I've been blogging about this and that for a few years now and never got much in the was of requests. But now they're coming in a steady stream and they all tend to look like this:
Hello friend,

Your Site is very much interesting.

I am your regular reader of your blog. I follow your blog. I am able to get all the information from links in your blog as well as by following external links from your blog.

I like your way of posting. I Have added http://eb-misfit.blogspot.com/ in my blog http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx.blogspot.com/ . I am honored to add it to My Friend's Blogroll section.

So if you could provide me a link to my blog, it will be much more useful for users.

Hope you would add my blog in your blog. I would certainly appreciate a link from your blog.

My URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting my blog as well! Please reply friend

Regards
Does anybody know what the hell is going on? They aren't lying about this; when I check, my blog is listed. But this all seems kinda creepy. Besides, being addressed as "friend" by someone I don't know makes me think of that sleazy trader on "the Trouble with Tribbles," and I have impulses to both verify that I still have my wallet and draw heat.

What is their angle? If you are an active blogger, are you seeing the same crap?

10 comments:

montag said...

It could be the Chinese Peoples Liberation Hackers Army zeroing in their cyber artillery in preparation for the Great Takedown. Then again maybe not.

Unknown said...

They're prepping up spam pages by attempting to give them legitimacy in search engines. Once they have a bunch of inbound links, they get swapped over to the crap. Enough people are happy that someone cared to link to their sad little blog that they go for it assuming the benefit will be mutual until they also get the search engine blacklist for linking to spammers.

Comrade Misfit said...

Thurston,

Thanks. I just went through and zorched the few that I had added.

BadTux said...

Yeppers, spam link farms. If you go back to those links a few weeks later, they'll offer you a penile enhancement herb or a breast perker-upper or both (for the trannnies out there, I guess).

- Badtux the Spammed Penguin

Allan S said...

EB, you sure they just find your blog(s) interesting? I sure do, even when I don't agree with some stuff.

Block your ears and eyes everone, this is for BadTux.....Ahem could you link me to that penile enhancement..not for me of cours...a cousin is developmently challenged...lol....Allan

Comrade Misfit said...

Allan, I think they're right--SPAM. The blogs pretty much use the same template, same wording of links. And the solicitation e-mails are almost identical.

Chuck Pergiel said...

I'm jealous. You're getting better quality spam than I am.

Comrade Misfit said...

Charles, I guess there is no accounting for taste.

Anyway, I see you have me blogrolled, so I added you.

Phil said...

I get these all the time, it started last year.
Strangely enough, I went ahead and blogrolled a couple of them and I have had almost zero spam come through.
We all had a problem there for a while with the chinese spammers but they went away after a while.

I saw them go through every ones Blogroll.
At first I thought it was just me but after a while, I noticed they were going through Blogroll after Blogroll. Then it just stopped.
Let me guess, The Nasa dude, the Auditions, auditions girl, the Space station guy.
We all get the same ones over and over.

Comrade Misfit said...

Busted, and the car transporter guy and the electronics express guy. Couple others, too.