Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Next Time That I Want to Order New Services From Comcast......

..... I will just smash my thumb with a hammer.

I thought I was done yesterday. But then a couple of hours ago, the Dude in the Brown Uniform delivered the cable modem that wasn't supposed to be overnighted to me because it wouldn't have arrived until tomorrow.

Back on the phone to Comcast. I have called Comcast enough over the last two days that I don't let the automatic routing program get two syllables out before I choose the option. The first time, the call went dead. The second time, when it put me to a service representative, it gave me the triple trouble tone and said "you must first dial a 1 and then the area code to make a call. Fairpoint Communications." and hung up.

Third time around, I got to talk to somebody. 20 minutes later (including waiting because Comcast's computer system crashed), an appointment was made so that a cable guy will to come by and pick up the damned UPS box, because I'm sure as hell not going to take it to the Comcast place (which is not nearby). They can't send me a USPS return box or even a return label, well, they just can't, that's all.

I know, Verizon's DSL would be a lot slower and cost as much, if not more. But damn, could they have been any more fucked up?

4 comments:

montag said...

I set up my brothers new laptop on dsl for him. Just plugged in the phone line and cable to the laptop, fired up the modem and Windows 7 had me online. It took longer to set up his e-mail account.

You should have kept the second modem, you never know when you might need a spare.

Comrade Misfit said...

Except those fuckers are serialized, so unless I want to pay for both of them, I have to give the 2nd one back.

This is my last go-around with Comcast.

Nangleator said...

Does that phone system still ask you to punch in all the information in your life, only to pass your call onto someone who asks you all that information again, plus what a phone is, what their job is, and who they are, because they can't remember any more?

BadTux said...

Amongst other reasons that's why I bought my own cable modem, rather than rely on Compost to provide one. First, I bought a better cable modem than Compost provides. Secondly, it removed all that friggin' nonsense from the plate. At that point all Compost could do was verify that the modem was on their approved list, and authorize it to my account, with no f**kery possible.

- Badtux the Geeky Penguin