Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, November 19, 2007

Forecast: Light Blogging

I am going away for a good part of the Thanksgiving weekend and I am taking my cats with me. Where I am staying will then have a total population of five cats. So there will be things going on and anyway, the Internet availability is kind of lousy.

I bring earplugs, for the first night, Gracie is so upset that she growls and hisses at every cat she sees, including George, whom she grew up with. She climbs up on my bed and it is just nonstop sound effects right out of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. George is not much better, but he just becomes more aloof. Except on Thanksgiving Day, when he begs and begs for turkey.

George loves meat, as long as it is cooked.

But they'll settle in; my apartment has two large windows, but the house I am visiting has lots of windows and two floors to run around. I've clipped their claws so if they get to fighting, hopefully they won't cause any serious damage. They haven't yet (and this has been going on for ten years, now), but there is a new cat where I am going, so it could be interesting.

No comments: