Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bangity- Fun Part Over

I went to a 3-gun match. I shot both of these rifles, a Mosin PU sniper and a Krag carbine.


Not shown are the other two guns, a Model 10 and an Ithaca over/under 20 gauge.

In spite of being the only shooter with a double-action revolver, one of two shooters with double-barreled shotguns and the only shooter with bolt-action rifles, I was not the slowest in the bunch, by far.

The timer-dude had some fancy earplugs that he said worked right well until he had to stand next to me as I fired that Krag. I've forgotten how rare they are, for most of the other guys had never seen a .34-40 cartridge, let along a Krag.

Now, what I should have done was bring a bolt-action .22 and a .22 revolver, for cleanup is a comparative breeze. But it wouldn't have been as much fun and part of the fun I have at these matches is the "what the hell is she shooting this time" comments.

Details: The targets were four steel plates at 20 yards (handgun), two small silhouette plates at 20 and 25 yards (shotgun) and 50 and 75 yard paper silhouettes, double-tap to each (rifle). The handgun targets were devilishly hard to hit.

There was a guy who shot his cowboy guns in the batch. We joked that he and I were the only shooters who hadn't stepped into the 20th Century (scope on the Mosin notwithstanding).

6 comments:

Peter said...

You took a Krag and a Mosin to a 3-gun match? Dang - I could hug you with glee! That's great!

I wonder how the "high-speed-low-drag" crowd felt about being outshot by someone with an "old-fashioned" bolt gun?

:-)

Eck! said...

That just brings such a huge smile.

The first order of business in a three gun match is to hit the target.
Seems all of those would do fine.


Eck!

Comrade Misfit said...

Peter, not to mention a revolver and a double-barreled shotgun. :)

I know I outshot a few of the "all autoloader" crowd.

Old NFO said...

That is outstanding!!! :-)

Unknown said...

That's great; congratulations!

You're inspiring me to wonder if I could show up to one of these blowouts with the .45/70 Guide Gun, and M66 Smith & Wesson I have right now.

Comrade Misfit said...

You're inspiring me to wonder if I could show up to one of these blowouts with the .45/70 Guide Gun, and M66 Smith & Wesson I have right now.

Why the hell not, all you need is a shotgun....