Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Anthony Kennedy and the Supremes and All That

I am sitting on a balcony on this cool morning, as I have most of this week. Dawn is breaking over a mountain ridge. I hear owls hooting to mark their territory and songbirds greeting the new day. Down along the path that leads to the lake, a rabbit is having breakfast. Two doves flew by; from their sounds, they have having a dispute over something. Chipmunks are foraging and being cautious, lest they be spotted by an owl.

The sky is brightening, it promises to be a nice day. I've been staying offline a lot. It's been kind of nice not being online.

Yes, I am aware that the Supreme Court issued its blockbuster set of rulings. I've heard that Justice Scalia apparently thinks that it is OK to overturn a law passed by overwhelming majorities in Congress, but it's not OK to overturn a law passed by voters. Yes, I know that once again, what's constitutional and what isn't has become the decision of one justice on the Court. And I've heard that some football player is sitting in jail for killing someone else.

If you want to read more about any of that, you'll have to move along. I'm away from all of that.

2 comments:

Phil said...

With any luck I'll outlive that fucking bastard.
Him and Cheney are on my Early Demise Watch.

I would dearly love to physically piss all over Cheney's grave.

Fat Tony would just be a bonus.

Enjoy the rest of your day, mine is now ending from yesterday.
Swingshift will mess with ya like that.

Comrade Misfit said...

The third shift sucks.