Sunday, January 18, 2026

They Worship Jesus, But They Adore Fascism

A Baptist church in St. Paul has, as one of its pastors, a ICE field director.

I could snark about how Jesus wasn't too big on dragging strangers on the ground, tossing them into an unmarked cart and holding them for days, even if they were born there.

But I won't. Because I don't expect the Baptist church to do anything else than ally with the forces of oppression and enslavement.

3 comments:

  1. Which Fascist Church is this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment: Cities Church does not appear to be affiliated with either the Baptist denomination, nor the Southern Baptist denomination (which schismed from the Baptists over slavery....and only finally recanted that in 1995). Not that I don't have criticisms of the SBC, but Cities Chruch is its own denomination with this Affirmationf Fatih:
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/650e403880a88b510a750809/t/65a6fd228ec7de135b7c7ee0/1705442595018/Cities+Church+-+Member+Affirmation.pdf
    You will note precious little about love and loving thy neighbor in that Affirmation, but a whole lot about exclusivity.

    ReplyDelete

House Rules #1, #2 and #6 apply to all comments. Rule #3 also applies to political comments.

In short, don't be a jackass. THIS MEANS YOU!
If you never see your comments posted, see Rule #7.

All comments must be on point and address either the points raised in the blog post or points raised by commenters in response.
Any comments that drift off onto other topics are subject to deletion.

(Please don't feed the trolls.)

中國詞不評論,冒抹除的風險。僅英語。

COMMENT MODERATION IS IN EFFECT UFN. This means that if you are an insulting dick, nobody will ever see it.